ABC Mezzanine Capital is looking to hire an Associate for its two to three year pre-MBA investment program. This individual will participate in reviewing, analyzing, closing and monitoring mezzanine investment transactions. Founded in 19XX, ABC Mezzanine Capital is the mezzanine investing practice of ABC Financial Services Group, Inc. We are currently managing and actively making new investments through ABC Mezzanine Capital III, L.P., a $400 million fund. The individual we are seeking will have the opportunity to assist in deploying this fund in a growing practice. Our firm is located in PA.
ABC Mezzanine Capital is focused on financing buyouts, recapitalizations and consolidation strategies in business services, niche manufacturing and value-added distribution in sponsored and unsponsored transactions. ABC Mezzanine Capital invests $10 million to $30 million per transaction and will lead financings of up to $40 million. ABC Mezzanine Capital has been a stable, thoughtful mezzanine partner for sponsor groups, entrepreneurs and management teams. Our approach has been to underwrite the long-term business strategy of our portfolio companies allowing us to respond constructively to the opportunities and challenges of the changing business environment. As a result, ABC Mezzanine Capital has made 50+ investments in 40+ companies, in support of 100+ transactions. We seek to invest in companies with strong management teams, proven business models and stable cash flows with a clear avenue for growth. ABC Mezzanine Capital’s investments are typically structured as subordinated debt with warrants. In addition, we have the ability to purchase equity in conjunction with each mezzanine investment. Our investment approach is flexible, attempting to match the needs of sponsor groups, management teams, shareholders and other lenders.
As an integral part of the ABC Mezzanine Capital investment team, the Associate will:
- Screen potential investment opportunities;
- Perform analyses of industries, financial statements and legal documents;
- Monitor financial and operating performance of existing portfolio companies;
- Perform due diligence investigation of prospective investments;
- Evaluate various exit opportunities for portfolio companies; and
- Participate in the marketing effort directed toward sources of investments.
In addition to a strong interest in principal investing, we are seeking the following qualifications:
- Proven ability in financial analysis;
- Strong written and oral communication skills;
- Minimum of two to three years of investment banking, leveraged lending or private equity experience;
- Knowledge of financial instruments and deal process;
- Demonstrated proficiency with computer-based spreadsheet analysis and data base research;
- Comprehensive skill in analyzing investment opportunities; and
- Capabilities in business development and a willingness to travel.
Compensation includes a competitive base salary, attractive benefits and a performance-based bonus. We design our benefits programs based on ABC’s benefits philosophy to provide quality levels of coverage at affordable costs over the long term for both employees and ABC. We strive to balance the cost of providing competitive benefits with the need to cover employees with a wide range of protection during and after employment. ABC is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer — M/F/D/V/SO
More information will be disclosed if resume is applicable.